The light early this morning was very soft so I decided to photograph with my 85mm at f1.8. I also added an extension tube which enabled me to use the lens as a macro lens. Then I photographed the blooming Lantana blossoms n my yard. I experimented in post production to get this image.
I attached a string to a small flashlight and started it swinging in a dark room while the camera was mounted on a tripod. I used an exposure time of about 5-10 seconds to created an image. Then you just experiment and try different camera settings and movement patterns.
Roses are a challenge to me. I have seen hundreds of images of roses and I always look for some unique images. Yesterday I tried again to photograph a rose out of my yard. I decided to use a flash behind the petals to illuminate the flower.
I organized several Morning Glory and one Oleander blossom in a bowl filled with water. I mounted a flash underneath the bowl and created a so called high key stack. In post production I created this image editing in layers and using mask techniques,
The dogwood is currently blooming in Yosemite Valley. I photographed these blossoms using a Helios 44-2 lens and a remote controlled flash unit. In post production I used layers and masking techniques to create this image.
First I photographed just the solar panel then I took a second exposure with the roses in front of the solar panel without changing the camera setting. In post production I overlaid the two images using different blending modes and masking techniques.
Enjoy the images and keep on creating great images!
I had to cut off a branch of my trumpet vine since it was growing into the back porch door. I carefully cut the blossoms and arrange them in a bowl of water.Then I photographed them and focus stacked several images. Finally I added a Topaz art filter to get this image.